SecurityStudio’s Commitment to You Regarding COVID-19
At SecurityStudio, mission always comes first. Most significant to our mission is the well-being of the people we serve. That’s what information security is all about—it’s all about people. We often preach that information security isn’t about information or security as much as it is about people. If people didn’t suffer when things go wrong, then nobody would care.
Over the past few months, the rise of the coronavirus pandemic is something that’s gone terribly wrong. People are suffering, and we at SecurityStudio care. The reality in today’s world is that information security, privacy, and safety cannot be treated as separate issues; they are blended together and inseparable.
SecurityStudio must and will remain vigilant in doing all we can to serve each other and our customers as well as we are able.
Our organization has always been more than an information security consulting company; we are a partner with our customers. Partners are there for each other in times of need, and SecurityStudio is here for you now. Sadly, attackers will take advantage of the coronavirus pandemic for their own selfish gain. Attackers know that many of us are preoccupied, and they will strike at their most opportune time. I’m writing to assure you that SecurityStudio stands ready and to share how we intend to serve you during the pandemic.
In accordance with the most recent World Health Organization (WHO) and government advice, SecurityStudio will be taking the following precautionary measures to reduce risk to our personnel and our customers:
- SecurityStudio offices will remain open; however, we have instructed all personnel to work from home whenever possible. SecurityStudio personnel have always enjoyed the advantages of being part of a mobile workforce, so this is no disruption to normal business operations.
- If any SecurityStudio employee or employee’s family member recognizes even the slightest coronavirus symptom(s), that person has been instructed to seek medical attention as soon as possible and NOT come into physical contact with anyone until receiving clearance from qualified medical personnel.
- SecurityStudio will conduct customer work remotely as much as is possible. If there are occasions when work cannot be done remotely (rare), SecurityStudio may postpone or delay the work for a time period necessary to ensure everyone’s safety. SecurityStudio will never encourage anyone (employee or customer) to do anything that they are not comfortable doing or something that may cause harm.
The most common services we get asked about during and after significantly disruptive events (including the coronavirus pandemic) are securing remote access, business continuity planning, disaster recovery planning, incident response, and risk management. We will be providing as much free stuff and writing as much content as we can for you in the coming days/weeks. If there is something specific that you would like to see from us, let us know!
Additionally, here are two resources that you might find helpful now:
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- The free S2Me tool. S2Me is our personal information security risk assessment. With the increase in people working from home, personal information security is more important than ever. The S2Me tool helps people learn to protect themselves and their families better.
In closing, I want to thank you for the trust you’ve put in us as your information security partner. SecurityStudio does not expect any significant disruption in services during and/or after the coronavirus pandemic. The only significant change will probably be our inability to see you in person (for now).
Please contact us if there is anything we can do for you, including if you have any questions about the contents of this message.
Thank you and God bless,
SecurityStudio CEO, on behalf of the SecurityStudio Team